Favorite Quote: “The world is full of kind people. If you can't find one, be one." Unknown
Professional/Qualifications & Experience:
- Comercio Internacional, Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara
- Ingeniería Comercial, Universidad Gabriela Mistral
- Teaching English as an Additional and Academic Language - Virginia Rojas
- Standard Base Grading - Sue Easton
- Music and Language Learning Songs and Chants to Support Children's Developing Language and Literacy Skills
- Top Assistive Technology to Support Grade 3-8 Readers
- Cutting-Edge Research to Empower Schools to Support Students with Reading Disabilities
- Preschool Children with Challenging Behaviors: What to do When Nothing Else Works
- Best Practice to Empower Learners to be Lifelong Readers
- Fostering Confidence to Engage Students in Learning
- Girl Rising: Inspiring Global Citizenship and Local Engagement
- Visual Strategies for Individual with Autism that Promote Success at School, at Home and in the Community
- Through the Hearts of Teachers Build the Minds of Children
- Teaching with the Brain in Mind
- ADHD & Study Skills that Work: Tips for Tweens, Teens & Those Who Help Them
- Sensory and Self Regulation Workshop
- American Red Cross Adult, Child and Baby First Aid/CPR/AED
I was born in Lima, Peru and moved to La Paz when I was 8 years old. This is when I started my life in the ACS Community and graduated in the class of '89. I have two daughters, one who is currently in ACS and one who is an ACS Alumn.
After working for US Funded Development Projects for 15 years, I discovered my passion for teaching children who learn differently and helping them grow. I believe that students are unique and capable in their own way and that as a teacher it is my job to help each one of them meet their fullest potential. I am convinced that this can be done by setting up a secure, supportive, caring and stimulating environment in which each student can develop and mature emotionally, intellectually, and socially by letting them take risks and openly express their ideas and thoughts.
When I'm not teaching, I love spending time with my family, traveling and going to the beach!
" If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn." – Ignacio Estrada