Favorite Quote: “ Never pass up on an excuse to train"
Professional/Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's of Science in Biology - University of New Mexico (Albuquerque, NM)
- Juris Doctor in Law - University of New Mexico School of Law (Albuquerque, NM)
- Master of Education - Teaching Culturally & Linguistically Diverse & Exceptional Learners - George Mason University (Fairfax, VA)
- Post-graduate Professional Teaching License, Elementary Education, preK-6 (Virginia)
- International Baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching and Learning (Level 1)
- Assistant Coach for Girls on The Run (2016 to 2017)
- Certified Personal Trainer (National Association of Sports Medicine).
I was born and raised in the Southwest part of the United States, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. As my mother was Italian, I spent most summers at our family home in Umbria, Italy and grew up bilingual in English and Italian. We still have a family home in Italy that I visit whenever possible. When I was three years old I lived for a year in Cordoba, Argentina, and learned to speak Spanish as well. My husband David works for the U.S. Embassy in La Paz.
We have two children, Cameron (12, in 6th grade at ACS) and Gabriella (10, in 5th grade at ACS), a dog, and two cats we adopted here in La Paz. We love to travel and explore and have lived in Florida, Alabama, Hawaii, Washington DC, Virginia, Japan, Bangkok, and now La Paz! My hobbies include hiking, exercise of all kinds, gardening, cooking (especially Italian food), and reading -- but most of all spending time with friends and family.
Children are amazing - their capacity for growth, for change, and for love is something we should never underestimate, and instead cherish and nurture. My teaching goal is to bring an open mind, positive attitude, and high expectations for each child in my classroom each and every day!